It’s 2012. You all know that, right? I mean, how could you not, it’s all anyone is talking about.
Before I start listing the millions of things I want to achieve in 2012, I would like to look back at 2011.
Major events in 2011 included:
– losing 25lbs (at one point I had lost 30lbs but that weight was my deficit weight, I did lose a solid 25lbs of weight this year – YAY!)
– going on our honeymoon in the DR (um, awesomeness x infinity)
– running my first 10k race, my first 8k race and my best 5k race ever (under 30 minutes!)
– dislocating my shoulder (um, not in the ‘good news’ column)
– suffering from a few running related ailments (stupid weak glute) and going through a few of months of physiotherapy
– discovering and falling in love with hot yoga (namaste…ShitYogisSay)
– taking a nutrition class that made me realize I already know a lot about nutrition (woo hoo, now if only I could make the right choices?!?)
– struggling to lose any weight in the last 4-5 months of the year
– managing to maintain my weight loss for the last 4-5 months of year (see how I ended off the list with a positive!)
So there’s my list – I did pretty well in my estimation. It is nice to look back and feel like I accomplished at least something this year, even if I didn’t achieve all my goals.
Major goals for 2012:
– lose 12 more pounds so that I end up at around 145lbs (which means I really need to lose about 16lbs so that I bounce back to 145lbs in maintenance) by the end of April, so about 1 pound a week
– get my body fat down to 24%. Lower would be nicer BUT with my goal weight being only 145lbs I don’t think I can realistically expect to get down to 21-22%. That’s okay though, 24% is a good goal and most importantly, one I think I can achieve, by the time we leave for St. Lucia ideally.
– be able to 20 full depth push-up on my toes by the end of the summer (eek – post injury goal right there)
– sell our condo and buy a house so that we can start making babies…yes, I said it, babies. I would ideally like to be pregnant by the end of the year. But, I hear that there is all this chemistry that needs to work in order for that to happen. My goal is that we will at least be trying by mid-year/end of summer. If we get pregnant by the end of year, great. If we don’t, well, I guess I will be figuring out what to do about that next year.
– get better at the mental aspects of all this stuff. This really just means balance and moderation. Let’s be honest, I suck at the stuff, and even more honestly, I probably always will. But it doesn’t mean that I can’t suck less at it, right? I mean, not trying to improve is just stupid. So yeah, be less insane? ha ha ha! Fine, I am not insane, I just need to be more reasonable in my expectations day to day.
– keep up with my current training plan and include some new things to (more on this later).
C’est tout mes amis. I think that list is long enough frankly. Heck, if I can achieve most of that I would be impressed…always have to set that bar high you know!